Saturday 7 October 2017

I'm Back from Japan!




Ohayō gozaimasu!

My blog has been a bit quiet the past couple of weeks because I have been on holidays in Japan. My mate KuriboGoomba married his lady love in Kagoshima and we were honoured to share the day with them. It was a traditional Shinto ceremony, which involved drums, Sake and praying to the spirit of the Sakurajima volcano (we heard it erupting the first morning we were there... it was... disturbing). At some stage, one of the costume changes involved Goomba carrying a sheathed Katana. It was epic.

At the end of the trip I spent some time in Akihabara (photo above), the Mecca of all things Mecha. If you are unfamiliar with it, Akihabara is a suburb of Tokyo dedicated to pop-culture; particularly anime, gaming, models and entertainment technology. I went into one building that was nine stories tall, which pretty much contained every Gundam, ever. I managed to find some of those Japan-release-only Ultramarines, which I considered getting because of the shear rarity of the things. Seriously though, I don't need Ultramarines and my To-Do list is full enough already.

I was on the hunt for some Macross stuff, and came across these beauties. They are from the Macross Plus series, which was a favourite of mine back in high school. Thanks to their age, they were dirt cheap as well, so I splashed on a couple of display stands as well.






Hopefully I'll get some time to work on them during the Christmas break, as right now I am fully engaged in completing my Dreadtober project. This year I have decided to show my Tyranids some love and work on Old Six Eyes, my version of Old One Eye. More about him next post!





See you across the table,

Marc



No comments:

Post a Comment