Thursday 2 March 2017

Old Stuff Day!




Hi folks,

For a few years now there has been a movement to rediscover old articles from the nether regions of hobby blogs. I still feel that my blog is a bit too young for this brand of blogomancy, but I thought I would throw back to a few articles from my first year that people may like. Here goes it:

1) Genesis: a short story about the night a girl loses everything and starts her journey as a Callidus assassin.

2) Old School Fathers Day: sage advice for Dad's that game and a bit of my origin story.

3) The Battle for Nurgle's Cookbook VII Part 1 and Part 2: If battle reports are your thing, here is my favourite homebrew scenario, played for the (nailbiting) 7th time. Come to think of it, it's about time I organised TBfNC VIII...

Last post I interviewed the wifey and she had a bit of a dig about one of my oldest and fondest miniatures: Suriel the assault squad veteran sergeant.





She remembers what this guy used to look like when we first started going out and liked the old look much better. In the old days he never had a shield and power weapon was painted with a solid blue glow effect. To give you some kind of an idea, here is a weird collage thing I did of the guy back in highschool. Talk about Old Stuff, this thing would be about 22 years old!






So, being the sensitive and responsive husbo that I am, I spent a few hours pulling the old model apart last night and wound back the clock 20 years. This involved repainting the power glaive/naginata and converting the left arm. He now looks quite a bit more... belligerent...










With some very simple changes I have captured the spirit of the original conversion I did all of those years ago, which was to become my favourite model and my little avatar on the battlefield. Best of all, the wifey approves ;o)

See you across the table,

Marc


No comments:

Post a Comment