Saturday 17 January 2015

Iron Snakes: Storm Eagle Build Complete



Hi folks,

For Christmas my mates got me a Storm Eagle transport (thanks guys, you're the best!), which I have decided to assign to my Iron Snakes detachment. It arrived in a nicely wrapped box, 99% assembled and reeking of super glue. Somewhat ominously, the box also contained some very nice sand paper. Sgt Waz put in a massive effort to get the thing built but it still required a couple of hours of fiddling and customisation, which I have been plugging away at today.




The Vengeance launcher was assembled further forward than you would usually expect, as the guys questioned the safety of launching missiles across such a length of fuselage. I ran a few beads of greenstuff around the hull to close up the most offensive gaps and added some details. Tomorrow I am going to file and cut back any excess greenstuff, then give it a spray undercoat.



The Storm Eagle has a combat shield for every Sternguard marine it will transport: "come back with your shield, or on it." They stand out like barnacles on a whale at the moment, but that will change when they are painted. The missiles in the magazine come from a 3rd Ed. terrain kit that I scrounged from the lower depths of my bitz box. They are a little smaller than the Vengeance missiles, but at a glance you can't tell. Nothing says "death by glancing hits" like an exposed magazine of Vengeance missiles! The targeter is from an Icarus pattern lascannon emplacement.






I have been saving those Rhino doors for an awfully long time, so I was stoked to realise they fit this model. I had always assumed they were Landraider doors on the Storm Eagle.






The cockpit was pretty badly bent as well, so I heated it for a few seconds (literally) and bent it back so that it would fit flush with the hull.




So, that is all of the modelling work done for now. After I have painted the interior I will assemble the cockpit, but that won't be for a little while, my painting schedule is very full at the moment. Still, it is something to look forward to.

See you across the table,

M4cr0

No comments:

Post a Comment